Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can the military prepare me for a career in foreign policy?

I want a career were I can travel around the world and experience different cultures. My question is can the military prepare me for this? Are there positions in the military that would allow me to travel, deal with foreign officials, or learn how to speak a different language? I should mention that my preferred country to travel to is Japan.Can the military prepare me for a career in foreign policy?Retired General and Secretary of State Colin Powell followed this path, but his career was a rare exception. He was almost always in the right place at the right time, but things still did not always go smoothly for him.



The military is not a very certain path to this career.



It would be better to do a double major in Japanese and international relations and go on to earn a master's degree in the latter subject. Try to spend a college year in Japan. This is an extremely competitive field with many more applicants than available jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment